Health, Safety, and Environmental Manager
Candidates, submit your application here!
Mascaro Construction is looking for an experienced Health, Safety, & Environmental Manager with a strong knowledge and background in the field. The ideal candidate will oversee and ensure the health and safety of employees, subcontractors, the general public, and the protection of the environment of Mascaro projects. We are looking for someone that is focused and driven to produce results, getting it right the first time. Attention to detail both in the field and in documentation is a must. The successful candidate will also be able to build and maintain relationships with owners, clients, subcontractors, tradesmen and coworkers.
Roles & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Develop and maintain a working understanding of Federal and State OSHA Regulations, Mascaro Environmental, Health and Safety Programs and construction best practices.
· Successfully implement the Site-Specific Health and Safety Plan.
· Communicate EH&S policies and procedures to the Mascaro project team as well as subcontractor management and field personnel.
· Identify hazards; develop recommendations and/or solutions and consistent follow-up to assure compliance.
· Identify exposure trends within field activities, develop of training solutions and conduct field training for Mascaro employees.
· Create site-specific policy which reflects the requirements found within the Mascaro environmental, health and safety program.
· Institute a proactive approach regarding the installation of temporary systems assuring they are designed to meet all applicable codes.
· Assist in the completion of preconstruction meetings with subcontractors to communicate health and safety expectations, review the DFW/JSA submittal and discuss project and trade-specific issues.
· Review the schedule to identify safety requirements for upcoming work and communicate issues, documentation submittal requirements, etc., to all involved at the weekly progress meeting.
· Communicate subcontractor health and safety issues that, if not corrected, may affect project general conditions.
· Identify potential exposures and communicate solutions to the project team.
· Takes initiative in the identification of training needs and implementation of classes for project staff and subcontractors.
- Four-year college degree in safety and health or equivalent is required with at least two years relevant safety experience or a combination of education/multiple years' experience in a construction environment. (Experience may be accepted in lieu of education)
- Capable of identifying known/potential exposures and recommending corrective actions.
- Computer skills with familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite programs.
- Strong management, leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrate skills and ability to handle confrontation and issues in difficult situations.
- Ability to travel and work out of town for extended periods of time.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Mascaro is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), marital status, veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to disability, you may call us at 1+412-321-4901.